Thursday, February 16, 2012

Ghost Hunters' investigator Grant Wilson leaving series


Ghosts can get a little more rest in peace soon: "Ghost Hunters" co-lead investigator Grant Wilson announced during Wednesday's (Feb. 15) episode that he would be leaving the Syfy series.


"It is with mixed emotion that I am announcing my departure from the cast of 'Ghost Hunters.' While paranormal investigating has always been and will remain a passion for me, after enjoying nearly eight successful seasons on television, I have made the decision to leave the series in order to focus on other aspects of my personal life," Wilson says.


"I will deeply miss working with Jason [Hawes] and the rest of the dedicated investigators and crew that have become like family, and I wish them all the best as they continue to follow their passion and realize the vision of TAPS [The Atlantic Paranormal Society]. I will also miss interacting with our wonderful fans worldwide. You are all at the heart of what we do on 'Ghost Hunters,' and I'm grateful to have gotten to know many of you over the years," Wilson adds.


TAPS says on its website that the departure was amicable, Wilson was not fired and the show is not being canceled -- 20 new episodes are planned for this year. Currently there are no plans to bring in a new lead.


TAPS co-founder and "Ghost Hunters" co-lead investigator Hawes released a statement saying, "I will miss working with Grant on a daily basis, and am indebted to the level of dedication and expertise he has brought to our field. I can't imagine having a better partner through it all -- both on the show and off. Grant and I, along with our spouses and children, are all like one big family. While I fully support his decision to move on from the series, this longtime friendship -- as well as our business partnership -- will continue off-camera for years to come."


Wilson's last episode airs March 16.


No comments:

Post a Comment