Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Chat with Ron Fabiani

The following is a live Facebook chat that took place with Ron Fabiani from Paranormal Cops.

The chat was hosted by Xavier Paranormal Investigators - Fan Club

Below are just a few of the many questions asked and answered.

Question by Stephen Prosapio

Ron, I read an answer of yours in an interview that cops “appear emotionless or cold at times. It is a survival instinct and our protection. A shield we put up. We do the same thing with investigating the paranormal. Our instinct is to remain in the environment and perform our duties...freaking out is not an option.”
Could you tell us about a time when you witnessed something paranormal, stayed cool, but upon reflection, “kinda freaked out” later?

Answer by Ron Fabiani

Stephen, yes. We did a case for TV in Lake Forest Il. an abandoned Womens College. I saw our skeptic Pete get freaked out which in turn freaked me out.


Question by Stephen Prosapio

What did Pete see?

Answer by Ron Fabiani

Stephen, Pete saw a figure of a person who he later positively identified as William Orpett, a homicide suspect from a murder in 1916.


Stephen Prosapio

OMG! That's amazing.


Ron Fabiani

Pete is now a watered down skeptic...LMAO... No, it really unnerved him alot. The problem is this. When you convince yourself that you'll never see anything or that this is all BS, then you have no mental preparation for if or when you do. Therefore, there is no plan and your guard is down. Thats when things can really affect people.


Question by Michelle Ferguson

Ron what is the most extreme case you have ever been on and where was it?


Question by Stephen Prosapio

I read that one of your cases, one at a banquet all caused you to “re-think everything that I thought I knew.” -- I believed I watched that episode. Was it the one you used the police sketch artist who drew a picture of a diseased former police officer?


Answer by Ron Fabiani

Stephen, working in this field overall has caused that. Yes Sir. Michelle, the banquest hall case that Stephen is refering to was pretty amazing to us. Its where we had a sketch artist and Moriah told him what to draw.


Question by Dawn Kyle

if u wernt a cop would u still being doing this?


Question by Stephen Prosapio

My last question. And here's going to be a tough one. The curveball....Apologies in advance, but having grown up in Chicago I both have to and hate to ask.....
Cubs or White Sox?


Answer by Ron Fabiani

LOL.. Dawn, Im confident I would. Gosh, I never thought about that before..lol. Stephen, I obstain..LOL..


Ron Fabiani

Stephen, you asked what was the turning point for me. Well, the Chicago Paranormal Detectives was born due to a 911 call I responded to. That opened my eyes. Then as time went on and we kept working cases, we would record alot of common denominators and things that could not be denied.


Question asked by me (This blog's owner)

Whats the best paranormal case you've ever had?


Answer by Ron Fabiani

Id say the one that caused me to form this group was pretty nuts. I mean, it was compelling enough for me to invest alot of time and money. But doing this work isnt about me at all. Its about the people who really need help.
In 2003 I responded to a 911 call where the complainant stated he was seeing "figures" in his business late at night. I assured him there was nothing to worry about. I returned off duty with a camcorder to show the guy there was nothing there. However, to my shock and amazement, I filmed a 3D figure for about a half an hour. Just like he ... See Morementioned. Then it vanished. I was with some other cops. We could not find where it went or the point of origin. I felt, if this was happening here, it must be happening elsewhere. So, I formed a group of off duty cops to go out and investigate paranormal claims throughout Chicagoland like crime scenes and real investigations.


Question by Robert White

Ron, if while on a ghost hunt you stumble upon criminal activity do you automatically go into police mode or do you continue the ghost hunt and makr reminders about the activity going on and call it in for other officers to attend to?


Answer by Ron Fabiani

As seen in the Casa Madrid episode. We had a security breach and went into cop mode looking for an explanation and/or intruder. If we come across criminal activity, it takes the priority. We are always armed. Cynthia no we never have. Again, the notoriously haunted spots dont meet the criteria of an immediate need for us.


Question by Shigemi Husotn

Ron, There are many says Any paranormal TV shows are Fraud and fake. Does it bother you or effect you in anyway? And I have to ask your show is not making up evidence is not? pls don't get offended.


Answer by Ron Fabiani

Shigemi, we are the Police. We have real jobs. We cannot, will not, do not compromise that for anything. We must maintain our good standing in the community etc. We dont have the luxury of being sloppy, unprofessional or fraudulent. To answer your question, no. There has never been anything manufactured etc in our show. That question doesnt offend me at all. Maybe offenders would be offended. Not me sweety.
We cant control what others do. If someone else is fraudulent or suspiciously sloppy, it does not help any of us in this field. But, we cant rush to judge everyone based on the actions of a few.


Question by Katie J Lester

Have you ever been so scared that you wouldnt want to keep investergating a place?

Answer by Ron Fabiani

I have never been so scared that I wanted to stop. On the contrary. I want the interaction. I pull up a chair and invite them to sit and chat. Other cops have brought some things to my attention at times yes. believe it or not, most other cops are believers. Of course, behind a closed door.


Question by Yvonne Murphy

Does your family, kids have the same interest in the paranormal? Would they want to join the team or an investigation at any point?


Answer by Ron Fabiani

Our kids and family enjoy what we do but Im not so sure that they want to do it as well.


Question by Shigemi Husotn

If you could investigate any place in the world and states, what's top of your list?


Answer by Ron Fabiani

Im gonna stick to the White House answer. Of course, we have to interview the residents. Cool. In the U.S. I dont know of anywhere else that beats that building for real history.

No comments:

Post a Comment