Thursday, June 10, 2010

Local ghost stories

Article from www.examiner.com


June 10, 3:02 PM Central Wisconsin Paranormal Examiner Kathie Kessler


Many people live day to day with unexplained activity in their homes or businesses. Some are afraid to talk about it for fear that people will think they've taken leave of their sanity. Often, once someone gets the courage to share their experiences they find out they are not alone, and that many others have similar experiences.


Here is one reader's story in her own words....


Activity in Merrill area home


"We bought a home in the Merrill area in the late 90s. There was nothing unusual about the place. It was one and a half stories - plenty of room for us and our two kids. The downstairs has a living room, dining room, kitchen, bedroom and bath. The upstairs has two bedrooms and a full bath.


One bedroom was nicer than the other - warmer and with southern exposure.


We let our son have that room. The other room faced east and although it appeared to have a register, it was actually blocked off by removing part of the wall between the living room and dining room.


Because my husband and I went our separate ways, and my daughter went on to college, my son and I were the only ones living in the house. He had two more years of high school to complete.


Strange things began to happen in the house, mostly having to do with my son and the room he occupied. One night I was at a friend's watching a video and a frantic call came through from him. He was calling from outside the house and wouldn't go back in. I came home to get the story.


It seems he was upstairs on the computer and listening to music. He heard
a knocking at the door downstairs and, when he went to look, no one was there. It happened again and he locked the storm door. When he was in his room again he heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Then he heard knocks on the wall to his bedroom. But when he saw the door knob turn, that's when he closed his eyes, ran down the stairs and out the door. He stopped on the main floor only long enough to pick up the phone and run out the door. That's when I received his call.


Although we managed to survive there (it got nerve wracking at times) he preferred to stay with his friend next door. I knew what was happening there was not his imagination because I heard things, too, on the nights he was gone and I was alone in the house. All the sounds were upstairs. I heard thumping overhead (my bedroom was located directly below his) as well as a ball bouncing - like a child's hollow rubber ball bouncing and slowing down with each bounce.


At those times, I forced myself to ignore the activity and go back to sleep. In the light of day, however, I took my open Bible with me upstairs and rebuked whatever spirit(s) might be roaming around up there and command it or them to leave my home. It worked but after a few months or so I'd hear thumping again at night.


I think one of the worst things when this happens is that a person's senses are fine-tuned to pick up these unexplained noises. So, if I'd wake up at night to use the bathroom, once back in bed I'd have a sense of trepidation. For example, I'd be in bed and try to ignore my anxiety and then there would come a thump or two and I'd almost be sick to my stomach.


I consider myself to have spiritual discernment. It was my belief that whatever was there was very negative and the activity could have been demonic. It certainly caused untold misery. It was in that home that our family broke up (according to what I've seen from various accounts of haunting, the demonic realm's intent is to destroy relationships / families).


I no longer live in the house and as cute as it was from the outside, no one could possibly tell what unnerving moments my son and I endured at the mercy of who-knows-what. "


If you have a story to share or are interested in a paranormal investigation, please EMAIL ME

No comments:

Post a Comment